Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tilda With Crowfoot (whatever that is)



Happy Thursday everyone. I hope that your respective week has been one with fewer trials and tribulations than mine has been!!


I finally completed this card using the sketch from Stamp With Fun which is a Monday sketch challenge blog. I really like this sketch by Nikki since you have so much space to embellish or use whichever image you might choose. I used Tilda With Crowfoot from the Summer and Sea Collection 2008 which is now available at Magnolia-licious and after looking up "crowfoot" I still don't know what they are...lolol But for this card, my crowfoot is PURPLE!! And I did go strictly by the sketch.

I used Bazzill CS for the base, Prismatics Majestic Purple Dark for the matting, and the rest of the papers are all from the Basic Grey Wisteria Collection. Purple is not my favorite color, but these papers are very rich and yummy. For the front of the card I used the Textile embossing folder for the second panel, and nesties for the top panel. Tilda was colored with Copics, wings are Diamond Stickles, and the crowfoot is emphasized with lavender FlowerSoft. The background was airbrushed with BG000 to pick up the tiny bit of aqua in the DP. I also added a lace strip and woven ribbon for the stripe panel...and believe me I didn't think I would ever find that ribbon with purple AND aqua in it. I finally added primas with purple rhinestones and tiny Wisteria purple brads to the corners and to hold the wee heart with sentiment charm.


The inside is quite simple. The first panel repeats the same textile panel and enclosing it with the same ribbon/lace from the front. The jotting panel is the same CS from the front with a matted nestie and several primas with rhinestones and various leaves/branches by MS.

I hope you will like this little girl and will leave her a note telling her what you think. I do appreciate your coming by to see us here and hope you will want to come back again and again!!

Diana at Magnolia-licious has informed everyone that she has a gazillion stamps in the house NOW...she has also received the Graduation and Student Collection so please shop NOW for the best selection!!

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! love your tilda and flower soft!
Pam Going Postal

Danni said...

So, so pretty! I like the purples! The lace is so beautiful! another wonderful card!!

Anonymous said...

Jacque, I absolutely looooove that card. How totally STUNNING!!!! I just ordered some of that dp . . . cause I love purple. Hugs, Christina

Sharon Caudle said...

Another gorgeous work of art, Jacque! Love the purples, and your coloring is fantastic! The lace and ribbon is stunning! Beautiful card!!
hugs!
Sharon

Suzan L said...

Hi Jacque,
What a sweet card!!! The ribbon matches the DP just perfectly!! Wow!! You are always finding the most wonderful accents to put on your cards. Those extra little accents are what makes your cards so special!! I love all your cards!! Hugs, Suzan

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Fantastic card!!!! - I love this cute Tilda stamp (you crack me up with the name lol),I see you used your Wistera paper??? Everything just looks toally awesome!!
hugs
Claudia

cabio said...

Jacque, this is fabulous. Love all these little details. This means a lot for the card!
Hugs,
Cabio

Suzanne J Dean said...

Just lovely Jacque! Love that sketch (might have to try it out) and the lovely dp too! Your "crowfoot" looks lovely in purple with the flower soft--simply divine!!

hugz,
Suzanne

Rosette said...

Ohhhh that's beautiful as well sweetie :)All your cards are marvellous.. every detail is so precious! Love and big hugs. Thank you again and again sweetie! ;)

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Jacque! Oh my, what a perfectly lovely card. Your Tilda is just soooo sweet dressed in purple with her bouquet of lovely flowers. Beautiful work on the sketch.

Shawn said...

Wonderful card! I believe Crowfeet are part of the buttercup family. I like them in purple, the flower soft adds such dimension and texture.
You have such a knack at everything coordinating so beautifully.

hugs,
Diana

Stampin'Piper said...

Wonderful card! I love the colours and have to try this sketch too :)

Hugs Tanja

Candy said...

Good Morning Jacque,

What a lovely card you have for us today. I agree about your knack for finding everything that matches so well. I LOVE the DP! Just beautiful!!

Love Candy

Cami said...

Jacque, this is a stunningly beautiful card and the colors are so regal. The pretty lace and trim goes perfectly with the tiny flowers in the DP and your inside just carries on with your design perfectly. I love these papers and need to use them again. Thank you for a wonderful idea. Love this card. Hugs, Cami

PBrown9624 said...

Love it! The flower soft really adds to it as well as the lace & ribbon. Beautiful as always!
Hugs ~ Pam Brown

Friday Sketcher Design Team said...

Beautiful card!! Great papers and colors. Good to see another "older" magnolia :-)) Love the inside too. Thanks for joining us at SWF. Love,
Jacqueline

Nancy said...

Jacque...Love your card it is just stunning. I really like this little Tilda and her crowfoot flowers are really pretty in purple. Great card inside and out!

Sandra said...

Hi Jacque...stunning card,love the Tilda you have used and such a pretty colour scheme,great take on Nikki's sketch,thanks for joining us this week at SWF,
Take care
San x

Julie said...

Very pretty. I love that lace.

Unknown said...

Another awesome card, great job!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous card! I'm with the you -- the purples in the Wisteria DP make me a fan of the color, too. Maybe it's because they have blue tones??

Great job on the sketch and I love the embellishments, especially that ribbon. The CB texture is perfect, too!

Anonymous said...

Love the BG paper...pretty card. LindaC

debby4000 said...

Oh she is adorable and fabulous papers.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

oh cute and so lovely, jacqui, it´s such an awesome card.
thank you for joining the swf challenge.
big hugs, bea

Claudean said...

Love this card. Purple is my favorite color. Love how you matched everything so pretty and the ribbon is perfect for this card.

Vivi Casale said...

Hi Sweetie, this card is just adorable! I love purple, it is my favorite color!!
Inside the card is so elegant!
I love your card!
Hugs
Vivi

Mona said...

Hi,
so wonderful your card.
Thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Mona
swf-team

Laurel said...

I always wondered what a crowfoot was and glad no one else knows either! Your purples make me want to use them; but them everything you create makes me want to reach for that level of perfection! Absolutely beautiful card!! You were so right about the white paper!!
Hugs